This weekend has not been the best for someone who is supposed to be on Weight Watchers. Today alone, I had a 70 point day. I know that I get a lot of points every day, but I dipped heavily (no pun intended) into my weekly allowance points. For those not in the know, on Weight Watchers, everyone gets a daily points value based on their height, weight, age, and sex. For me, I get 45 points a day. On top of those daily points, everyone, no matter what their daily points value is, gets 49 weekly allowance points. Think of them as your fun money, you know that little bit of your paycheck you set aside each week for something fun. You don’t have to use them but if you have a busy weekend ahead, you can use them. So today, I ate 70 points. In one day. Bleh.
Tomorrow is Monday. It’s the middle of my Weight Watchers week so that means it makes total sense to set my goals for the week tonight.
1) Keep tracking everything. Even those dumb 70 point days. Track it all. Every bite, lick and taste.
2) Start stepping again. When I was doing really well and the weight was just melting off, I was doing steps at night in front of the tv. The Wii Fit has a section for “free step” and you can switch back to the tv feed, watch your shows, and it will track your steps. It was so easy to do the steps in front of a 30 minute sitcom. My goal this week is to start off doing 1 sitcom a night.
3) More water. I have cut back again on the Diet Coke but it’s still too much. I need to get rid of it altogether.
4) Less sugar. MyFitnessPal allows you to break out your food by nutrients and lately, my sugar amount has been so high. Need to change that.
I think those goals are pretty doable and won’t make me go too crazy this week.
In non-weight loss and health related goals:
1) Get back to trying one new recipe a week. It was fun to pick out that one recipe a week and make the family into my guinea pigs. I’ve been going through Pinterest today to figure out what that one recipe is. I’m not sure that was a wise decision though because now I have a million new options to narrow it down to.
2) Write two blog posts a day. One dedicated to NaBloPoMo and one dedicated to my new schedule that I’m setting up for myself. Fun times.
3) Write my story for at least fifteen minutes a day. No editing, no worrying about much other than just writing.
I’m going to keep these three for now until they are back to being second nature.
What are your goals for this week?