As I opened up my blog tonight to pen today’s post, I was pleasantly surprised to see that Kate at Cape Cod Scribe had nominated me for a Liebster Award!
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn’t that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.
I am really thrilled to be nominated because I always love finding new blogs and so not only will I hopefully have a few new dear readers, I will be able to find some new and exciting blogs to check out as well from my list of fellow nominees!
Like most blogger awards, there are some rules:
* Answer the 11 questions provided
* Create 11 questions for the next nominees to answer
* Link back to the one who nominated you
* Choose 11 people and link them in your post
* Go to their page and tell them
* No tag backs!
Seems simple enough. Let’s tackle the questions that were presented to me…
1. Beach, pool, or no way you get near water? Beach. Whether it’s a lake or the ocean, I love the beach. I could spend all day in the water.
2. We have a jumping bridge and the water is roughly a bone-chilling 60-degrees. Do you brave the water and jump with the teens or do you justify a reason for staying dry? Jump. Life is too short to not jump at least once with your kids. Plus, it will earn you some serious street cred with their friends. I have jumped off probably the very bridge in this question many times as a teenager…wonder if I’ll jump when the Daughter is a teenager?
3. Best thing you read recently: To Kill a Mockingbird. I never had to read it in school so I picked it up. Now, it is in the top 10 of all time list.
4. Character you wanted to see run over by a bus: TV Character? Right now, Geoffrey from Game of Thrones. The little shit has had it coming for a very long time. Book Character? Quentin Coldwater from The Magicians. He was SOOOOO whiny and annoying and apathetic and self-centered and aggravating…I can go on if you like but, I hope that you catch my drift.
5. Speaking of buses, did you ride one as a kid or bum a ride off of someone, parents included: I rode the bus from kindergarten to my sophomore year in high school when I got a ride from a junior I knew. Then my junior year, until I got my own license and car, I got a ride from Joe who also drove Adam and Christine…I will never forget that accident we got into on the way to school and when we were late they kept us because they thought we were just trying to skip first period…
6. First vehicle and why: A Pontiac Le Mans. It was, oddly enough, the same color as the font this is written in. Electric blue… It was my first car because it’s what my mother gave me. It was a $500 clunker, aka the perfect first car, and it was mine from 1997 to 1999 when I was hit by a woman who was having a stroke and it was totaled…poor Le Mans. So many memories come from that little blue egg car…
7. A TV show that your tried out and were shocked to ADORE: I don’t know if adore is quite the right word. Can you adore Norman Bates? I don’t think so. I really did enjoy Bates Motel. I was afraid it was going to take the quintessential Hitchcock film and ruin it but I have to admit, I am very pleased with how they have produced this show. The acting is good. The suspense is definitely there. This new view of Norman is intriguing. If you haven’t seen it, give it a shot…if you can handle that kind of television.
8. Do you Rock n Roll when you write? I used to Rock n Roll when I write but I found I would get distracted and practice for karaoke rather than write. That was when I gave house trance music a try. That is, for me, the perfect writing music. Pandora and Spotify both offer great streaming channels that help me get on a roll and I love them both for it.
9. What made you start a blog? My words needed to come out. I needed to write. I missed writing college papers. I had thoughts, stories, and just things I thought I should put into the internet for posterity sake. Well, everything but that last one really. I just needed a place to empty my head that wasn’t really a journal but allowed my writing muscle to get some exercise.
10. One place that you would drop everything to visit if the trip was 100% paid for: Australia or New Zealand. Both look beautiful in pictures. Both are ridiculously hard (read that Expensive) for me to get to at this point in my life. That’s not to say that I will never get there, it just will take some time. But if anyone wants to fund a trip for me to see the “Land Down Under,” I may consider any and all offers…
11. What you were doing one hour ago (this is a PG-13 blog! *cough cough*): Watching/listening to Roble and Company while I checked my Facebook, email, and updated the Daughter’s My Little Pony game on my iPad and iPhone. I like to multi-task.
Now for the 11 questions for the nominees:
1) If you could learn another language, what language would you want to learn and why?
2) Mickey Mouse or Bugs Bunny?
3) What is your favorite board game?
4) Did you write an online review (good or bad) of the last hotel you visited?
5) What was your favorite story book as a child?
6) What is your favorite fruit?
7) Do you consider yourself to have a green thumb?
8) What is one craft you have attempted but just couldn’t get the hang of?
9) What is one of your guilty pleasures?
10) Early Bird or Night Owl?
11) Do you think you could go a week without the internet?
And….The Nominees are –
Far From Done
Dresses & Me
A Lovely Project
Crafting My Life Away
Do Not Get Sick in the Sink, Please
Stacy Sews and Schools
Readful Things Blog
It was hard for me to find blogs that I follow that had less than 200 followers so a few are over that number…but they are all pretty amazing blogs that are well worth checking out. Just be aware that some of them have a biting sense of sarcasm, one that I think in my head but often am too afraid to put out there on the internet.
So, dear readers, I hope you have enjoyed this little Q & A session and thank you again for the award! Congrats to all the newly named nominees!! I can’t wait to read your answers!!!